#dnsbikegang

Friday, May 17, 2013

The Deadly Nightshade - Daniel Lanois

 

In 2006, while I was waitressing in the summers between university semesters, Daniel Lanois was a regular of mine at a fine French Toronto establishment. We had many famous and rich clientele, so talking about work with a guest was considered tres gauche. Someone had erroneously told me that he was a store owner, and I simply didn't think twice to question it. When I once asked him about his sheet music he was working on, he said he had a studio at his house and he was recording an album with his friends. I replied that I thought his hobby was adorable, and he looked at me with a puzzled raised eyebrow. The song he was recording was apparently with U2. Be careful of who tells you what and what you think you know....


No comments: