#dnsbikegang

Monday, October 20, 2008

The most money I've ever seen...



So, last thursday Anika and I were supposed to go down to the Drake for the Art of Fashion reception. They were announcing the winners from the competition we'd entered a little while ago.
You can see pictures of it here.

Somebody had told me I had to be there by 6:30, so I was about to book it down there on my bike after work when Anika called and told me they'd announced the winners already and we'd won. I was so surprised that my gum fell out of my mouth and Anika thought I'd hung up on her. I was speechless for about thirty seconds and then I got really excited. Anika was totally like "yeah, whatev's", cause she's chill like that but I was jumping up and down and yelling and I couldn't stop smiling the whole way down to the Drake. Then I saw a guy on the sidewalk, walking a tiny little puppy pug and I stopped to pet it and I was like "Oh my God, I'm holding a puppy pug and I just won a thousand dollars. This is the best day of my life." I was so happy I forgot how to talk for a few seconds, and just sat there grinning until the guy was like "okay, well gotta go..."

So anyways, I get there, and they've already done all the embarrassing stuff like making you go up on stage and accept your prize, so all we had to do was to talk to Inside Fashion for a little bit, and then they gave us this huge basket of Jergens lotion and self tanner which we mostly gave to Joelle and Alex for coming to see us there, and then I had to go home an essay! So much for the glamourous life of a fashion designer...

1 comment:

BIG RED said...

so... when's the party? ;)