#dnsbikegang

Friday, July 30, 2010

Lesser of 5 evils...?


Voting. It can leave a bad taste in my mouth when I have to choose between two candidates when I like neither of them. Like Will Rogers said, "Liberals are the only reason to vote Conservative". (okay he was talking about the Democrats, but you get the point, right?!)

That's how I feel about Toronto's upcoming Mayoral election. Like I need to chose the least evil of the 6 candidates...
Rob Ford was actually my first choice until I heard his stance on bike lanes here, which ruined his chances with me forever. I know, I know - you've got some reason why I should never have liked him. He yelled at your neighbour and kicked a fence over or something. I know already. I still like him. So there. He's a cheap bastard but at least you know he's a cheap bastard.

Mondo creeper Giorgio Mammolitl dropped out this month, leaving the vaguely bike friendly Joe Pantalone and Sarah Thomson as my only real choices, unless John Tory (twist!) decides to run...

So clearly I need to do a little more research about my last two choices before I make a decision. Stay tuned?

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Definitely look into that Sarah Thompson character, last I checked she was for privatizing just about every service the city has, which is crazy scary.